Friday, May 2, 2014

Working out while in College.

Inspirella here! So sorry I haven't updated y'all in just about a month, but I assure you I have a great reason! Take a look at the picture.
Fitness was my reason, I wanted to focus on that, school work, and spare time for myself. I have goals for my fitness, and I am just at the beginning of my road! The picture is a before and after. April 3rd to April 30th. Just the end of month on to reaching my goals.
I'm taking a spin on my blog and changing to fitness, because I seem to get a lot of questions asking what I do and how I do it, especially while in college.


Month one: April. "I just want abs!" Everybody's  thoughts, but when you had a six pack before, (check out them abs!) (Sorry for the terrible quality picture!)  --------------------------->>>>
It seems to be harder to get them back. So I have goal to get them back and keep them this time!
I know it isn't always the easiest to get to the gym or even workout at home when your in college, since we always seem to be busy, but I promise you, it is possible! You just have to have the motivation to do so! It all deals with motivation, working out, and what you eat. (Today's post will be about working out.) 

Workout Tips:
  • Start with a low number of reps if you are a beginner, listen to your body, if it feels like a muscle is going to tear, take a day off, don't strain your body past its pushing point, that is not healthy. 
  • Push yourself, your brain is the one that says "I can't," not your body. Your body is capable of so much, and you will never know just how much unless you push yourself!
  • Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of water.
Workouts:
I try to keep them easy, so you can do them wherever you are comfortable doing them, wether that be the gym, outside, in your dorm room, or home. 
(Note: This exercise routine is just a suggestion, do what feels right for you, lower the reps or bump them up.)
  1. 15 Crunches
  2. Plank ( hold as long as you can!) 
  3. 10 Squats
  4. 10 Lunges (Each Leg)
  5. Take a 2 Minute Break
  6. 15 Crunches
  7. 5 Burpees
  8. 20 Leg raises
  9. 10 Squats
  10. Take a One minute Break and Repeat!
  11. Stretch. 
( If you want to use weights, stretch, and then do some arm exercises.
Examples: Curls, Pushups, Arm Circles. Start with 5 pounds, maybe even 3 if you aren't used to using weights. Remember to listen to your body! )

Remember, push yourself, see where your body can go! So, who's ready to hop on the fit train and have the ride of their life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!