Monday, May 5, 2014

Food Junkie.






Inpirella here! Okay, so fitness. I am not claiming that I am a professional or anything, but I certainly know what works for my body and what works for me. As you can guess, today I want to talk about food.
Most believe you have to go on some crazy diet plan to lose weight or "eat healthy." Wrong. The diet plans work but after you get off of them, you don't know what to eat by yourself or where to buy food or what to buy for that matter.
What is considered eating healthy? Is it a diet, being a vegan, drinking green smoothies? I don't believe there is one certain answer. I consider myself to be quite healthy, and I eat "normally." I eat burgers, ice cream, salad, chocolate, etc. Seriously if I can make changes to my body and meet my goals eating all of that then I don't believe in needing  to diet or all that jazz.

I eat two full meals a day (because my schedule is so busy with classes and studying.) I eat snacks in between. The trick I use to eating the "normal" foods is eating smaller portions. Just because a restaurant or the cafeteria at your school gives you so much food on a plate, that doesn't mean you have to eat it all right then and there. Try to include something green on your plate. A colorful plate means healthy. [So if you have a plate of chicken, rice, and potatoes, think of adding some corn, spinach, or broccoli.]
Also, desert. The killer to everybody's meals. You don't have to cut sweets and junk food out of your life completely, I mean that would just be crazy! Instead treat yourself once every two weeks or so with a brownie, a chocolate bar, or your favorite slice of cake. Don't eat them every single day, there's no need for that.
Eat until you are full not stuffed. Yes there is a difference. You know that feeling you get after Thanksgiving when you sit down and you feel like the button on your pants might just pop off? Yeah, that's the feeling of stuffed not full. That is a feeling you should avoid, (besides on those special holidays!) Being full means your satisfied, your stomach is not growling anymore, you feel good, not grouchy anymore, and you should be hungry about 2 hours later. (Just in time for a snack!)
 
Snacks. Just because snacks are generally related to sweets doesn't mean you have to eat sweets. Feeling something salty? Try trail mix. Feeling something sweet? Eat some strawberries or fruit. Save the sweets to treat yourself with later, as a reward for the hard work you've been doing. (Trust me, it will taste much better then!)

(Quick tip: Never eat a full meal before you workout, enjoy an orange or a small salad, give your body energy, and eat a meal afterwards. Remember, drink plenty of water!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!