Sunday, May 18, 2014

Rest Day(s)

Inspirella here! Today isn't about a workout in fact, it's about quite the opposite. Resting.
Your body needs to rest after exercising all week, usually my rest days are Sunday for many reasons,

  1.  The gym is closed 
  2.  It's the easiest day to just be a bum 
  3. Sunday is the day I usually spend with friends and family 
Rest days are important to have in any routine, whether you workout 6 days a week like me, or you only workout 3, rest days are needed. They are so important because your body needs time to relax. You can overwork the muscles you've been training. The muscles need time to "have a spa day," to get used to what you are doing so you can change it up when it becomes to boring. 
On rest days it it important to still eat healthy and remain in all the other healthy habits you have formed. Just because it is a rest day, doesn't mean you can go and eat 5 pounds of cupcakes. Rest days and cheat days are completely different. 
Rest Day-(Happens every week, 1,2, or 3 days.) letting your body relax and form to what you are doing
Cheat Day- (Happens once every two or three weeks)  Eating a small french fry from the drive through or eating that brownie you've been craving. 
See the difference? 
So pick a day(s) that work well for you! If you workout 6 days a week, Sunday might be the easiest. If you workout 3 days a week, then Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, & Sunday might work best. Just find the days that work best for you.
I know, my little picture I have there is so true with me, I usually work on homework, but since summer is coming, I have to think about what I am going to do, so I've figured it out, grab an awesome book, go outside and sit outside in the sun and get my pre-tan on for Florida! Just find things to keep you occupied on rest days, maybe save those days for grocery shopping, or date nights, or movie days!
Stay Strong, Stay Motivated, and Keep Pushing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers!